Frequently asked questions
Compensation for short-haul flights
Compensation for medium-haul flights
Compensation for long-haul flights
* minus 25% commission (incl. VAT) corresponds to 187.50€ / 300.00€ / 450.00€
1. From how much delay do I get compensation?
EU Regulation 261 stipulates that delays on short-haul flights (up to 1,500 km) must be less than 2 hours. For medium-haul flights (up to 3,500 km), the airline may be delayed by up to 3 hours without claims arising. The airlines are given a waiting period of up to 4 hours for long-haul flights over 3,500 km. This is due to the fact that the preparations for flights with increasing distances also require more time. It takes longer to refuel, or to load more luggage.
2. Does the departure time or the arrival time count?
Basically you get the flat rates in the amount of 250/400/600€ only if you arrive 2/3/4 hours late.
However, there are also compensations for delayed departures in the form of meal vouchers for food and drink within the airport.
If the departure is postponed to the next morning, you will also receive a voucher for the taxi and hotel. Simply request this at the respective service point of the airline.
3. What is the compensation for delays?
Flights up to 1,500 km and more than 2 hours delay: 250€*
Flights up to 3,500 km and more than 3 hours delay: 400€*
Flights from 3,500 km and more than 4 hours delay: 600€*
*minus our comission
4. What is our commission?
Our commission is 25% incl. VAT This is below what most providers of similar services estimate.
Calculation example: We keep 62.50€ of the 250.00€ and pay you 187.50€.
5. How much compensation is there in the event of cancellation?
In the event of cancellation, the airline must ensure that you get alternative transport as quickly and as best as possible. However, this often means that the flight takes place much later or even the next day. You are entitled to the following in the event of cancellation:
– Next possible replacement flights
– meals and Overnight stay in a hotel (incl. taxi to the hotel & back)
– If the delay is long enough, the compensation paypents mentioned above.
*minus our comission
6. Do I also get compensation for package tours?
According to the passenger rights regulation EU 261/2004, other claims for damages remain unaffected by the assertion of the flat-rate compensation payments. In other words:
Even if you have booked a package tour and you are receiving a refund or discount from the travel agency, you can claim the compensation of 250/400/600,-€ additionally. In addition, you can also get compensation for the shortened vacation or other inconveniences! Just ask us personally and we will clarify this on a case-by-case basis.
7. Overbooked Flights
It often happens that flights are overbooked! As a result, some of the passengers simply cannot be transported. You can tell that there is such a danger by looking at the SDY on your ticket. This means standby and is usually written where your seat should be.
Denied boarding against your will is treated in the same way as a canceled flight. So see point 5 in this FAQ.
8. For which flights does all this apply?
In principle, the EU regulation applies to the following cases:
– your flight is not older than 3 years (limitation period)
-Your flight was operated by an EU airline
– your flight was not operated by an EU airline (e.g. Turkish Airlines), but startedfrom an EU airport, e.g. BER to IST (note, does not apply to the reverse, i.e. IST to BER)
– There was no extraordenary circumstances (see FAQ 9.)
9. Are there any exceptions? Is there a chance to get nothing?
As with everything in life, there are exceptions! These are usually present when the airline is not responsible for the delay or cancellation of the flight!
The classic example of this is “extraordinary circumstances” in the form of storms.
You can take the Corona regulations as an example from modern times! For example, if you can’t provide a valid PCR test or proof of vaccination, then it’s your fault and you get nothing!
10. Do I get the compensation per person
The compensation is per person! No distinction is made as to whether minor children are included.
Example: Mom and dad with two kids, delayed on the trip to Mallorca = 4 x 400€ so 1.600€ minus the aforementioned commission.
More questions? E-mail us!